Well anyway, up to Kirriemuir today for a fun time, on the Bring and Buy stand.. and the highlights were:
- Sneaking off to speak to Martin at Warbases.. for once their quality control slipped up on the Roman Grain Store I purchased at Skelp, the variations in their supplies of MDF weren't picked up, and the tabs didn't go in the slots.. arrgghhhh.. some filing later I still had a lovely model, and when I let Martin know, I scored a nice substantial discount on a tram. Thanks Martin. great guys to do business with, they really are good people. Go buy lots of stuff from them.
- Having a chat with some blokes who laughed at me being the overweight middle-aged/elderly guy with the humorous t-shirt that I posted on the Too Fat Lardies Yahoo group. Well spotted guys.
- Respect for the guy who bought the analysis on interred bodies at Towton, way to go for taking the hobby seriously.
- Meeting Michael - from Supreme Littleness Designs, buying some of his stuff and being well impressed by the finished articles he had with him. Another good trader.
- Seeing some great layouts. My personal favourite was the Carlist Wars Sharp Practice layout, excellent terrain, great painting on the figures, and friendly guys around the table.
- The smile on the face of the East Neuk guy coming up to pick up not one, but two prizes for their table and layout - top effort, and the genuine delight in winning was lovely to see.
- The headmaster of the school getting schooled about wargaming. She did a really top job, utterly bemused but looked like she was having fun.
- Grabbing the box next to the door, chucking the French Aeronef and the Cold War Danes into the painting comp, and coming away with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in three different categories!